Edit: On November 29, 2021, The CDC updated recommendations stating everyone 18 years or older should get a booster vaccine.
Currently, all three vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson) are available at HealthWise Pharmacy. You do not need an appointment for a vaccine. They are available in the Skills Lab across from the pharmacy 4-6pm and 12pm-5pm in the Healthwise pharmacy Monday-Friday. Flu shots are also available, along with booster vaccines.
The CDC recently authorized COVID-19 booster vaccines for certain groups.
If someone received the 2 part series Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, they are eligible for a booster vaccine if they are
- Over 65 years of age
- Over 18 years of age and live in a long term care setting
- Over 18 years of age and have a underlying medical condition such as cancer, diabetes, or COPD etc
- Over 18 years of age and work of live in a high risk setting such as healthcare workers, educators, or food and agriculture workers
- And received the 2nd dose of the vaccine at least 6 months prior
If someone received the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, they are eligible for a booster vaccine if they are
- Over 18 years of age
- And received the first dose 2 months prior
The CDC’s recommendations now allow for mix and match dosing for booster shots.